Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Scarves

I have a new found appreciation for warm scarves this year. It seems like I started wearing them earlier than normal, somedays I wear them ALL day, and I am still wearing them now in what is supposed to be spring?


I have a couple of favorites. One is silk with warm and muliticolored stripes. It seems to go with anything I throw on. The others are warmer like the rust and pinkish chenille that feels like a soft baby blanket about my face. I even took one up stairs to wear while I read at night.

There have been many days when I never took my scarf off all day...I wonder what our clients must think as I sit at my desk at work tapping away on my computer "muffed" up like an Eskimo. It started when our heat would be off in January as we arrived at work so it would take hours to get the office warm....then it just felt nice to not have the draft on my neck and shoulders. Rod says it is old age creeping upon me....that's why old ladies wore shawls?

The cold wet weather started earlier this year and is lasting much longer than usual..so I am still wearing scarves and just bought some more on winter clearance.
I have enjoyed my nice scarf collection, they have become something of a fashion statement now for me...something to look forward to next year when the chill returns. I will have new ones to pull out and tuck about my neck line, insulating me from that cold bite as I brave my way from the car into the warm coffee shop for a steaming cup of "winter courage".

5 comments:

Bethany said...

It is amazing what a difference that a warm scarf can make!

I think they look classy anyway.

Boondock Ma (Kim's Mom) said...

Hi, Lin! What a nice site you have here! I like scarves too, but, living on the Southern OR coast, haven't felt the need for one in the past. This last year may change my mind though! LOL
Thank you for your comment on my Xanga blog (The Golden Nugget). I have a "mirror" of that blog here at Blogger, that you are welcome to visit any time ;-) Hopefully the link will show up here, if not, the "visit my website" button on my xanga links to it.

Bandon is a beautiful spot, and as Carol may have mentioned, we don't live far from there. We visit Bandon on occasion and during the season enjoy seeing the cranberry bogs.Somehow seems odd to purchase cranberries at the store with them growing so near by.

Anonymous said...

This is the first year that I really started wearing scarves as well! Subbing in all those freezing high schools I guess...

Unknown said...

Hi, Do you like the big, fuzzy scarves we are wearing? I have several, got them last winter, but this winter I haven't been out enough to wear them, and would rather wear shorts indoors that sweats or the like.
I don't like cold temps, so try to fool myself re the cold by dressing like summer !!
Lin, I posted a pix today of BO you might like to steal again. Maybe you can lighten it. I played with it and tried everything I know, which isn't much, but it is still dark.
Betty G

Anonymous said...

I got my scarf out today...We about froze to death at baseball games yesterday and I was sure wishing for a scarf!