Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Count backwards from ten to one...TAKE OFF!

I had to go back and see the nice doctors and nurses this week for a little followup procedure.
This one required full general anesthesia however. I knew someday I would have to face this!
Something about giving up control and being put completely out...I thought the conscious sedation for the colonoscopy was a big step earlier this month!
Everything turned out fine and now I won't be afraid if I have to have it again someday for a more serious condition.
I seem to worry about things like this more than most people. My doctor says it is because I was in the medical field and I know too much, but does that explain why I don't like to fly in commercial airplanes?
(If I could just check in with the cockpit and make sure everyone is feeling well, slept good last night?, no fight with the spouse or suicidal impulses today? Maybe a little interview with the plane mechanic.....)
Anyone else out there have these issues?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I de-test airplanes, being put under and dentists. So yeah, you just about covered it! I mean really, why shouldn't we get to interview the pilot before we take off? I generally would like to interview everyone on board too! ha-ha. Glad everything went okay!

Cheryl said...

Oh, I am glad your tests are going well. I have never flown, so I am not sure what I would do before flying. I would just like to get the chance to have the experience once.