Pages

Monday, December 31, 2007

Pandora evenings

My new favorite thing on these cold and dark evenings is to close the blinds, build a fire and light a big fat candle for the middle of the dinner table. Then I put out whatever we are cooking or reheating for dinner and put on Pandora on my laptop....a website that lets you create your own "radio stations" custom designed with the music, artists and styles you like. You can sign up free at: http://www.pandora.com/

I am so enjoying listening to songs I have not heard for years and finding new artists that are similar to those I already like. Now I prepare dinner to James Taylor, Carol King, The Carpenters, Olivia Newton John, Roberta Flack, even Huey Lewis and the News! Rod's Pandora is more instrumental with stations like jazz, piano, classical, blue grass and some strange techno stuff that he likes. I will say that his music works better for dinner; mine after dinner.



We also have some good praise music like Hillsong but I am enjoying catching up with some of my old favorites right now. It's nice to have music in the house again, I had given up trying to find music I liked on the radio years ago. What a difference to do the things we do on these cold winter evenings with great music to lift our spirits and add some energy.

This is New Years Eve and we passed on parties to enjoy a relaxing evening with our books and music...maybe we will watch an old movie or play a game before midnight but I know I will be in bed soon after if not before...these days I look forward to waking up rested and enjoying my first cup of coffee on New Years Day more than being out in the cold and on the roads...although last year we did have fun playing games at a party.

Having the kids home for Christmas, including new grandbaby Micah kept me too busy to blog.
How is your post holiday time going? How are you coping with the dark evenings and cold?
Maybe you need one of these Micah guys to cheer you up? :)









4 comments:

Cheryl said...

You for you for returning to the real Christmas!

Your grandbaby is adorable! What eyes!

I too like pandora, but I'm always too busy to think to go there.

Anonymous said...

There is just something familiar in that cute baby face.
The candle, fire and dinner sounds wonderful. Beeb and I were just saying today we needed to have a fire...just makes things cozy.
I've been experimenting with Pandora some too...thanks Rod!

Shirley said...

Hey Lin!

What an ADORABLE baby. I just copied it into my jigsaw program. Won't I have fun with that??!!

Shirley

BTW, I started a blog on my birthday. "Where There's a Will, There's a Way!"

Anonymous said...

I want you to write a new blog! Although keep in mind this is from a person who does not write ANY blogs! I just like to selfishly glean your thoughts on life, hmm...anyway i always enjoy reading your blog postings...
Love Carolyn