Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Something different

I watched the PBS special this week on Charles Schultz, the creator of the comic strip "Peanuts". I was looking forward to having something to do while Rod was away overnight being evaluated for sleep apnea.
I became so fascinated with watching the artist sketch his strip that when it was over I got the urge to sketch someone.
Since Rod was gone, I attempted to sketch myself on some notebook paper while looking into the bathroom mirror.
You can see my results to the left here, I don't share this because it is so good, I really have never had any training in sketching but I was surprised at the incredible passion I felt doing this...it was like my mind and body had been chained to a desk and computer or kitchen for years and suddenly my creative side just came busting out! To re create something from my eyes to brain to hand to notebook, it was magical! What is simmering deep down inside you? Maybe the rest of us need what God has put there. Let it out!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Very nice! I could tell it was a self-portrait even before I read your post.

Unknown said...

You definitely have a talent--I can see you painting in the summer on your sun porch!

Anonymous said...

Very Impressive...!

Lin said...

You are all so kind! Thanks for not making fun of my attempt to share my experience. I hope I inspire some of you to try something different, that was my goal.