Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Bye Bye Baby

We dropped off our youngest daughter at the airport tonight to fly by herself on a red eye flight to study in Mexico for a month.


I don't know why my daughters are so independent! I have told them all the horror stories of young women traveling alone and yet they plan these trips to foreign countries by themselves and expect me to be happy for them. They usually have a pretty good plan once they get there that includes host homes or other people but I hate putting them on that plane alone.


They are of age now and save up their money for these adventures plus work for their tuition so I ask God to go with them and watch out for all the things that we parents know could happen esp to a young woman traveling alone. My mother worried about me at that age but at least I traveled with other people.

I have decided they have inherited their grandmother's genetics, both of which had more confidence than good sense at times. I know it isn't my genetics because I like to travel with people I know...I am terrified of being alone in this world. I also think it is just plain unwise for anyone to travel alone unless it is really necessary.

If all goes as planned I will get a call sometime tomorrow from her. This is her year to travel so if you want to live with a host family in Mexico and study Spanish and later this year travel and study in Scotland, Ireland, and England go to her new travel blog on my links; http://www.atimetotravel.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristen is off to Italy for a term in a couple weeks....perhaps it was the year they were born...or the water we drank at CCC when we were pregnant...I dunno...they seem to have no fear. Maybe it was the Red Beans and Rice recipe? It will be fun to follow Bethany's travel blog!