Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Speak or Lead?

I fell asleep last night listening to a replay of the Pres. debate. I heard enough however to know that it is coming down to whether we want someone with experience or someone who speaks well.
Sen. McCain did not debate well. He was touchy and offensive...which may be coming from someone who has a heart vs a smile but he came across poorly.
I remember Geroge Bush and Al Gore debating and I thot Bush had lost the election he was so bad but then he won.
Sen. Obama spoke with a silver tongue, promising americans that he will give us everything we want to hear....not the first or last candidate to do that.
I remember a highschool election where the candidate for class president promised to fill all the drinking fountains with Pepsi vs water if he were elected.
Of course we laughed but we're now all 50+ and seems some of us really believe it now?
I fell asleep before they got to health care.....did they get to it? What did you think of the debate?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea..listen to the debates to go to sleep...I'm thinking it would work as well as Ambien. The third one was a bit better. I keep wishing McCain would have a few triple Latte's beforehand. I would have liked to see him truly close the deal on some of the issues...he leaves too much unsaid in my humble opinion. Barack's smirk makes me want to throw things. I may have to throw the TV out if McCain doesn't pull this off. I heard part of the last one over the radio..Obama does NOT sound near as smooth on the radio.

Anonymous said...

It took me a while to get around to watching the debates. But the first thing I noticed (and always knew) was how well spoken Sen. Obama is. He's like butter, smooth and melty. But he's nothing more than a proper rhetorician (although most politians are). He's good at display but I feel we are in need of more than just display.

Unknown said...

I just read an article about the press corp that's been riding with Obama for many months....they say "he's boring". Could it be he's a puppet?

Anonymous said...

Obama admitted tht he is good at making speeches but lacks in experience when he was a senator. I am afraid he may yet lack the essential experience...better McCain's experience + Palen's morals.
If there is one thing that gets more apparent the older I get it is that people wnat to hear what they want to believe rather than the truth...guess Carol and I won't be running for office anytime soon :)