Pages

Monday, September 3, 2007

Water, water, everywhere.....

Just got back from Orcus Island, one of the San Juan Islands. Thinking back on what draws me back to that island I think it must be the water. It is about as close to the water as I get and I love it. The ferry ride over, the view of the water, building a fire on the beach.
Speaking of water, we shut off the water here at the house just to be safe this time only to come home to a flooded laundry room and tiles buckled and warped. I was just dreading unpacking the food for 6 people after 5 hours on the freeway but instead we were ankle deep in wet towels and moving heavy appliances around trying to mop up and dry the subfloor.
Windows open, fans on, 24 hours later we are ready to glue the tile back down.
What happened? All we know is the new washer was full to the brim with cold clear water and I had not turned it on before leaving. Maybe some sort of reaction to the sudden loss of pressure?
If you know about these things please comment, we don't want to repeat this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the message. Wow!What a nice blog! I can see you here anytime I want to. I'll visit again!