Pages

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

"Ain't no sunshine when your gone"


Sun, I think I have forgotten what you look and feel like; we have labored under this oppressively cold rain now for so many weeks. This is western Oregon at its worst I would say, not just gray and rainy but COLD rain driving sideways at you as you scramble into your car.
My spring flowers are pushing up through the ground but appear on "hold" like the rest of us, head down, clutching our coats, wondering when winter's grip will be broken.

Days like this I like to peruse my photos of warmer times....like this family picture from Mazatalan Mexico last spring. You can't tell by looking but that is the Pacific Ocean right outside those windows and there is a WARM breeze coming in those open windows.
Those of us who put up with this winter weather from October through mid July should really get some kind of purple heart....we have a "light box" I sit and read under in the evenings that helps get me through the worst "light deprivation" months...but my bones ache for the caress of a warm spring day. How do you cope?
PS I just heard from someone that read my blog but didn't comment. If you read this would you just leave your name in the comments? Since I am new to blogging it would be fun to know you were there even if you don't want to leave a comment. Lin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am with you Lin, i am cold all the time these dark days!
"Behold, my friends, the spring is come; the earth has gladly received the embraces of the sun, and we shall soon see the results of their love"!
Sitting Bull

Lin said...

thanks Carolyn, hope is alive!

Anonymous said...

Oh brother here she goes again..complaining about the gray Oregon winters....I am so WITH you on this one for once!
I haven't answered your e-mail yet..sorry...but you got it right!